Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Castle Cake Tis Finished

If I was Dora, I'd be singing.... I did it! I did it! Yeah, I did it!

The castle cake is finished. The princess party is in 5 hours. And I'm already worn out.

So I decided to post the pics of the cake so you could see it because I seem to need some sort of peer based approval.

I have to say, it was a wee bit more tedious than I planned on, but isn't it always? Somehow my perception of what I should easily be able to do always supersedes my actual abilities.

Anyways, there is it! I will be thrilled if the whole thing stays together without toppling until all the princess guests arrive. But my sweet girl is already tickled beyond belief and that's what really counts. Right?

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Birthday Girl must be thrilled. I love the little pink flowers. Such attention to detail. So much work!! It's going to be a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Heavens. How DO you do it?
    You are amazing, Friend! Can't wait to hear about the party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here randomly. I attempted a castle cake once ... out of jelly rolls. I finally had to give it up and my kids, who were 4 and 3 (and -1 month) at the time still talk about it 3+ years later!!!

    Yours is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will now never and I mean never, ever post a picture of the birthday cakes my children get ~ you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. K told me about this and I must say ~ I'm totally impressed! I bet she felt like a princess!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!