Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Grand Tour

Actually it was the Grand-Parent tour.

We took off last week for Oklahoma and Missouri to see our 5 Grandmas and 2 Grandpas. We had a wonderful visit with them all. But I am just now getting caught up with all the laundry and chaos that one generates when gone from one's house for a week-long trip.

Our first stop was to see Grandma G. She prays for us every day. And she read my blog every Sunday!
Hi Grandma!
We went out to lunch with her and Aunt S. and then went to a park and let the kids play.
Our second stop was to see my husband's 94 year old Grandma M. She had 5 flats of pansies that she was putting out when we drove up. She loves to garden. She is the only woman on earth that my husband may love more than me. We then drove up to see my Grandma D. She like to play the dominoes game Mexican train.
For quarters.
She actually keeps quarter jars in her cabinet for all her children and grandchildren that come to play with her. My brother and sister-in-law's jar was really full. Hmmmmm........We then went down to the farm to see my Grandpa and Grandma A for a couple days. The weather was so nice that we didn't really stay indoors very much. I realized when we got home that I only had a few pictures of them together from this trip. My mom is with them and she qualifies as the 5th Grandma we spent time with.

I remember the first time my Grandpa met my husband (while we were dating). He checked in his mouth to make sure he had good teeth and then had about 10 questions to ask him. He's a funny guy, that Grandpa of mine.
And my dad (the other Grandpa on our trip) spent most of his time on the 4-wheelers with the kids. There is no place they would rather be than on the 4-wheeler with their Grandpa.
So that's what we've been up to.
Oh, and we left our daughter with my parent so she could spend the week with them. As we were driving away, I started to feel sad that my baby was staying behind and then I heard one of my boys say to the other.... Can you believe it? We have EIGHT-GIRL-FREE-DAYS ahead of us!?!
But don't be fooled. They really have missed her. And we have too. She comes home today and we'll be so glad to see her.
Although it has been a lot quieter around here this past week.

7 comments:

  1. Wonder where you had been lately. Great pictures and cute story about the girl-free days. I guess boys forget Mommy's are girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very fun!!! I love family visits. What a treasure. Soak up the boys while you can. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pictures! I really enjoyed them. I wish I could have been in Missouri too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all did have quite the tour! Sorry we didn't make it up last week the same time that you all were there. We did have fun with the grandparents this weekend though! Although, it was almost eerily quiet. I guess that is the first time Ben and I have been there by ourselves. It was in the mid 70's every day!

    And, our jars are probably the most full because we show your mercy when playing games :) Although, I know you like to play games about like I do, so I'm curious as to why your jar isn't as full as ours???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love LOVE the pictures! How fun! Thanks for giving us the tour. What wonderful memories with the kiddos!
    Know the boys really ARE glad that sister is back - even if they won't admit it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca - We were sad you all were not able to go up last weekend also. Grandpa's farm is such a fun place to go. I'm glad you got to go up this weekend.

    And about our jars... you are very astute.....out of the 3 games we played..... we added 3 quarters to our jar.... but the key is that we always have kids with us and 2 or 3 games per visit is usually our max.....

    And,as you know,....after I've won several in a row and proved I can win when I want to... I DO show mercy... ha ha ha ha (my evil laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a trip. That is a LOT of visiting and driving.

    What a nice to visit since the weather has been so nice.

    Thanks for stopping by. My husband and Mrs. Troop have known each other since they were about 9. I am just getting to know her and it has been so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!