Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Crazy Sewing

So by request of Mrs. Troop, I am posting pictures of the baby quilt I made before Thanksgiving.
I wasn't for sure how it was going to turn out because I was using such an eclectic combination of fabrics.
I loved the colorful oval dot fabric and picked the rest of the fabrics to go with it. I was even able to incorporate some vintage popcorn chenille fabric which I adore.
I backed the quilt with a pink chenille and I think it turned out pretty cute. At least it is original and they won't find any others like it. So there's that.

And now I'm off to my next project. Superhero capes and masks for Christmas.
I need to have these done by next Monday and so far I've just got one mask and one cape done.
Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love them!!!! The quilt is beautiful! Of course my favorite baby gifts have been your homemake blankets you made for the kids. I get SO may compliments on them :)

    I really like to sew and am still am amateur but once I am a more confident sewer, I want to tackle quilting. I can't wait to travel to Texas for a visit and pick your brain on so many domestic areas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blanket! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the quilt is darling! You did a beautiful job!
    Little man LOVES his and sleeps with it every day. It's precious.
    And you go girl on the capes! That's impressive! I'm just trying to BUY everything and I'm behind!
    Love ya, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt!

    Your kids are going to love the capes and masks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!