Friday, December 26, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Every year I can remember, my Grandparents have had a live Christmas tree.
This year, Grandpa let us go with him to find the perfect one.
The kids got all bundled up.

And loaded up in the pick-up truck with my Grandpa.
We finally found a place that looked promising so we started our search for the perfect tree.



There were some that suggested very tall trees... and some that suggested very small trees....

And finally we found the perfect one.
Check out that saw! And my Grandpa with some of his Great-Grandkids.




We (I use the term "we" very loosely here) put lights on, decorated it and then vacuumed several times.

And there it is.
In all it's glory!

Makes me want to start singing.... 'O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree......

4 comments:

  1. I think it really neat that your your kids got the opportunity to make a wonderful memory with their Great Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give a vote for the 'good ole simple days.' I remember cutting those trees for Christmas and thinking how beautiful there were. Now, our tree has hundreds of lights and smells like plastic! Also, when we had an outhouse, we did not have to worry about how much a plumber would charge at 10a.m. Christmas morning. I can tell you from very recent experience that it is $190. No complaints, he pulled out of the driveway as the 9 guest pulled in. Glad you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Look at all of your beautiful posts - while I've been doing damage control here at the Troops! I'm jealous. :-)
    So glad you had a beautiful Christmas together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome grandpa. God bless him. Every child should have such an experience! Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!