Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sew Tired

So, they are finished. And so am I.Quite exhausted here, if I do say so myself.
The supercapes and masks were a little more intense than I anticipated. I think next time, I'll just buy them on etsy. No I won't, because I have this compulsion to do things myself. But I'll sure think long and hard about it.
For the boys capes, I appliqued with satin emblems and letters.
For the girls capes, I was wanting to do a princess crown in the background and thought the satin would be too tricky, so I used felt.
All in all, I think they turned out pretty cute. Just as long as you don't look too closely.
The necks were a nightmare. Sewing curves with satin is something that I am going to avoid at all costs in the future.
Well, I'm off to finish packing.
My sister and her family are flying in to Oklahoma tomorrow so the kids and I are headed up to see them, then drive to Missouri to visit Grandparents with them and my parents, then turn back around and head back to Oklahoma for our family Christmas next weekend. And yes, I know that was a run-on sentence. But that is how I feel this next week is going to be. So I'm keeping it.
Have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the Wonder Pets capes I made Anna and Lucy last year. They were a hit. Anna was a great boss on how they should look. I had no idea. I took the lazy way and made them with my friend POLY ESTER!!! Yours looks great. Lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! And the baby blanket is adorable. I do a lot of sewing, so I know how hard satin is...good job! I found you from Mrs. Troop's blog. What a sweet friend you are. It's nice to "meet" you. :) Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!!!!! I know a brood of cousins that would think these capes were the best thing ever. Maybe I should learn how to do that by next year. Fun times.
    Hey- can you send me your address. I wanted to send you a card for Christmas!!! Happy early Christmas~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The capes and masks are so cute! A great gift for any child. I will have to remember that but a little unsure about sewing satin at this time. :)

    Have a fun and blessed Christmas with all of your family. I bet it nice being closer to home this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are SUPER cute! :) Great job! My son has already designed his own cape for the super-hero he created. I just haven't put it together yet, but you have inspired me! Maybe I can still get some done by Christmas. I don't think I'll use satin though. I'm not that brave! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go Girl!
    They are darling! I'll SAY you're worn out - makes me tired just thinking about it!
    Hope to see you Friday -
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want one too!!!! They are going to love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one talented woman. I know your kiddos are going to LOVE those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lori - Ben sent me your blog url - very creative! I've also befriended you on Facebook!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute, and very ambitious! Have a great trip! Just found you from Georgia Mom, I'll try to stop by again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made my day with your delightful comment. Merry Christmas from your friend once removed - but hopefully not always removed. I'd love to meet you one day!!!
    And "yes" we are real friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there, Crazy Friend!
    Sure have missed you. Although I HAVE enjoyed looking at these capes - did the kids LOVE them? Talk to you soon~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I just had to give you my new crafty award for these capes! Check it out! :)

    http://everydaylifetogether.blogspot.com/2009/03/im-crafty-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!