Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Friends

When we first found out we were moving to Texas, Mrs. Troop told me some of their friends from church moved to Texas. She gave me their contact information and not only did they live in Texas, they lived 1.5 miles from the house we were moving to in Texas! The second day we were moving in they came by to bring us snacks and welcome us to the area. That next weekend they invited us over for supper and swimming. It was such a blessing to have friends when we moved here. Our kids had a great time together.

They even came to our OU party. They were the only ones. (It's hard to find dedicated Sooner fans south of the Red River for some reason)

Just recently they found a way to move back to Oklahoma. The land that they love. So for the past two days we had the kids over while the movers came to pack them up and move them out.

Here are the younger girls.

And the bigger kids.


We are really going to miss them. My daughter is especially going to miss their daughter. They were connected at the hip every time they got together.
They would even swing together in sync so they could talk. About what, I have no idea.

Yesterday when they left, my daughter turned to me and said, "I gave her my word." I've never heard her use that phrase before so I was a little confused. "What do you mean exactly?", I said. She replied, "I gave her my word. It was goodbye. That was my word."
So there you have it. Her word was goodbye.
And we will miss them.

2 comments:

  1. OK, so all I can think about while looking at this post is where are the oldest boy's teeth?! Tell Oldest Boy that we like his new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we're glad to have them back. But sad for you that you won't have them right down the street anymore!
    If there is one consistent thing about life, it's change. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!