Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy 2nd Day of Valentine's

So, when I first started dating my husband, I started this thing called the 14 days of Valentine's.

Actually for our first Valentine's we were in a Friendship Contract and could not give each other any gifts other than what we were giving our same gender friends. So that year, my husband gave his roommate a little plant and gave me a huge bouquet of plants. It was quite impressed by his creativeness.

The next year, I started the 14 Days of Valentine's. It was actually my cousin's idea. She started doing it for her husband and I thought it sounded like lots of fun. The basic idea is just to get your sweetheart something for the 1st through the 14th of February. Sometimes it is a homemade card, some new socks, a book he has wanted, homemade goodies, a fishing lure or anything else that he might really enjoy.

He was so excited every day with his little gifts that I decided to make it a tradition.

We are now in our 13th year of the 14 Days of Valentine's! There were some years that were more difficult than others. The year I had a 2 month old and a 20 month old was a little tough, but I still pulled it off. There were other years that I just didn't think I was going to make it to the 14th day. But I've gotten in the habit of picking little things up here and there during the year that I know he really wants and then hiding them in my secret Valentine's stash. It makes it a little easier to come up with 14 days in a row of thoughtful gifts. One year I made a t-shirt that said " I Love (with his name)". I still wear it. He loves it.

I'm doing pretty well this year. I've got 10 days covered so far. And I'm a resourceful gal and pretty sure I can come up with 4 more days.

And my husband knows that I am still madly in love with him. Enough to devote 14 days of love just for him.

Happy 2nd Day of Valentine's!
And while I'm at it, let me just add that I've not been posting because I have been seriously amusing myself at two new blogs I've found. Cake Wrecks cracks me up! I've spent way too much time reading this blog. No eternal value what-so-ever, but seriously funny! Or maybe I'm just easily amused. And my other favorite is Bakerella. LOVE this blog! She has some great cake ideas. I am SO going to try her cake pops when I get a chance.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I thought of you when it was February 1st! What fun you are. :-)
    Love the post.
    Hope you have a great week!
    And cake wrecks - that is WAY funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you explained yourself! I was about to send out the national guard for my missing blog friend.
    Your 14 days are just too much fun!! I would love that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!