Friday, June 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

(on Friday)

Much to be Thankful for!

1. Thankful for VBS this week! The kids had a blast and learned so much. I LOVE the "Boomerang Express" Vacation Bible School Curriculum!

2. Thankful that VBS was only 4 days! It was great but I was a teacher for the 2nd grade and it was exhausting. There were 3 classes of 2nd grade and around 72 kids! They kept us busy. I think 4 days was enough. :)



3. Thankful for the beautiful flowers God created for our enjoyment! I planted this clematis early this spring and it has grown 3 ft and puts on a constant show of flowers. It makes me so happy!



4. Thankful that the snake that was living in the hose reel has not been seen for over a week. (have I mentioned that I really dislike snakes?)


5. Thankful for piano and violin recitals that went well. The kids had a good time and a good experience and that was what we were hoping for.



6. Thankful for a 7 year old who wants to be a helper to his daddy and mow the yard.
7. Thankful that my daylilies are blooming!!! I always worry just a little when we move that not all of them will come up the next year. But so far, so good!


8. Thankful my daughter's fine motor skills are good and that she is able to use scissors well.
9. Thankful that when she decided to give herself a haircut using her scissor skills, she only cut this much. (longest piece there is about 4 inches) (isn't that special?)(that turkey)
10. Thankful that the big storm with the funnel cloud passed over our house without any damage and that we were all safe in the closet under the stairway with 47 stuffed animals. Good times.

Hope you had a Thankful Thursday!!!

3 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful yard friend!!!! I've missed you. How is little one? What is your date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are doing VBS this week....the Boomerang Express....don't you love the songs and actions! I really liked it!

    Carys had cut her hair too a few years ago. I big chunk so I had to get it trimmed up to her shoulders. UGH.

    LOVE your flowers. I ordered the catalogs you recommended to help me choose flowers...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Feels like we've sat and caught up over a cup of, well, iced tea! :-)
    Beautiful yard. Even more beautiful kids. So very blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!