Tuesday, June 9, 2009

VBS

Well, I signed up to work at VBS this week.

Not for sure what I was thinking.

I'm already plum worn out just maintaining my daily life. Needless to say, it's been a long week already.

Anyways, I am helping teach in the 2nd grade class. For 3 1/2 hours. So after hanging around 23 2nd graders who are contantly talking and then riding home with my 3 who were excited from VBS and constantly talking, and then making lunch for said 3 children who were standing in the kitchen with me constantly talking and then eating with the children who had to tell me every single detail of their day and were constantly talking, my child talking tolerance meter was pegged out.

I just needed some silence.

Just a couple minutes.

So I announced "OKAY! Let's have some quiet time where nobody talks to mommy. For like an hour!"

My daughter smiled and replied, "That's fine Mommy, I'll just talk to the baby."

[calgon take me away]

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet!
    And what WERE you thinking? :-) Hope you are suriving the week, Friend. I say, turn on a video for the kids and take a nap! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!