Monday, November 23, 2009

Gobble Gobble

I saw these at Bakerella and just had to make them.

Could they be any cuter? Okay, so hers are cuter. I had one brief trip to Walmart to gather supplies and the options were limited.

So I had to work with what I had.

And I'm not for sure about the placement of the red dangly thing. I think it's called the wattle. I think. I skipped the class on Turkey anatomy in college.

Since Walmart is not currently carrying the heart candy confetti, I tried to make do. But it's close enough. And it was late last night when I finished these and it seemed right at the time.

And my kids don't care.

They have been counting and recounting and dividing up the turkeys all day.
And I don't have the black edible pen (yet) so I had to make do with the blue.


But that's okay, because they fit right in with all the other blue-eyed turkeys around here!

Gobble, Gobble!

4 comments:

  1. Those are darling! I'm totally impressed - last time I checked you have a new baby. :-)
    I'm going to enjoy looking at yours this year - maybe I'll try that next year. I'm still worn out from the bunnies. Ha!
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I wish I could pull off that kind of project but all of mine doesn't come close to looking like they are supposed to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little turkeys. Mine looked more like aliens last year so this year we just made pie. Girl, I've meant to respond to your question a while back about the pictures. I made two main changes to the blog to allow me to load larger pictures. First I changed my template and went with this link:
    © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Second I load most pictures that I like into Picasa and ultimately PIcasa web albums. Then instead of loading them inside blogger like we've always done, I go to the picture itself in the Picasa web album and "copy" the embed code for the large picture. You can choose a thumbnail size up to the large size. Then I paste the embed code into the body of my post - just as if you were copying a you tube video or some other code.
    It is actually very simple. If you don't already use picasa - its free and you will love it. Since its a Google product it works nicely with so many other online functions. Also, it has some nice editing features. Not many but a few.

    Your baby is just a doll face. I know you all are so enjoying these precious days. We are excited beyond belief to have another little squish around here. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!