Tuesday, November 10, 2009

♪ ♫ Sisters ♫ Sisters ♪ There were never such devoted sisters♫ ♪

Our girl has been praying for several years for a baby sister. When we told the kids we were expecting, she was just sure it was going to be a baby girl. When we found out we were having a baby girl, no one was more excited than she.

Before the baby was born, she would sit beside me and sing to her sister, walk beside me and talk to her sister, and even lie down beside me whilst I tried to nap and read books to her baby sister.

She said the other day,"Mom, when she turns 2, can I have her?" She has helped change wet diapers and holds her baby sister any time she gets a chance. She loves to pick out outfits for her to wear and help me dress her.

A couple days ago she realized that her baby sister had a tiny white pettiskirt just like the one she frequently wears around the house with her black leotard. She was estatic. And then she discovered a black onsie and decided that baby girl needed to dress up just like her and they must have pictures taken together.


So we set up a photoshoot on location.



Our livingroom.



I think they turned out pretty cute. My girl would have posed all day long. She was so proud and excited to be dressed just the same as her baby sister.


I think this one is my favorite. You can see in her face how much she loves her sister.



Hairbow placement get tricky when one's hair is the consistency and texture of a baby chick's.


Well, that's 2 posts in 2 days from me! Sleep really does help! I'm off to get our homeschool done for the day.
Have a great Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE THE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you get the music notes in your title to the post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!
    Darling. :-)
    Sorry I missed it for a few days. Don't know WHAT I've been doing.
    You are blessed, my Friend. Precious kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures!! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures.
    And the song.
    Kirstin and I do the whole routine, complete with mens socks and train tickets.
    Beautiful little girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!