Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Six Hours

So baby girl is now 6 weeks old and for the last 4 or 5 nights, she has slept for six consecutive hours.

It is a-mazing what a difference that makes.

I actually feel like I might just make it.

I was sharing this fact with someone the other day and they more or less expressed that with that much sleep, I should probably be almost back to normal operating speed.

I had to point out that even though baby girl is sleeping 6 consecutive hours, I'm still just getting about 5 hours myself. And that I am still up every morning from 3am -4am feeding her. And that after that she was back to her 3 hour schedule.

And that person said, "But can you imagine what it would be like if she was up every 3 hours at night?"




Hmm.





Yes.





I think I could very well imagine that.




SEEING AS HOW THAT WAS HER SCHEDULE RIGHT UP UNTIL FIVE DAYS AGO!!!



I guess the perplexing part was that person actually sleeps in the same room that baby girl and I sleep in.




Curious.




Anyways, I am very grateful she has started sleeping well and I really do feel like I am able to accomplish so much more when I'm not walking around in a sleepy fog.


Maybe I'll even post more often than every 6 weeks!


Maybe.

6 comments:

  1. here's to more sleep! you make me smile! hope she continues to sleep that long for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you girlie! Sleep deprivation has a way of calling the shots. So glad you are seeing some progress and looking forward to some of your pretty pictures of your pretty girl.
    Happy Fall to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhh. NOW my day is complete with a post from you. :-)
    Glad the sleeping has continued. Just hang in there. You're still in the first exhausting eight weeks. You'll make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori Honey, Who else sleeps in your room besides your husband? I don't think he would ever say anything that insensitive.


    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's tempting to be amazed that a just God would give men the ability to sleep through anything... but later I came to the conclusion that God has nothing to do with it. They just fake sleep until the crisis is over. That's my experience.

    Cute pictures! Give us a call when you're in town sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite stories to tell on Kevin is when we were trying to get Lilly to sleep through the night and Kevin woke up SO happy one morning and exclaimed "She did it, she slept through the night!" and I grumpily answered, 'NO, but you sure did!" ;O) Hang in there, this too shall pass! Darling pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!