Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Upwards

Well, we have finished another season of Upwards Basketball.

It's been busy, but fun.

The worst part had to do with the fact that we had a brand new baby and that 5 of the games started at 8:00am Saturday morning. Which meant that we had to be there by 7:45 am on a Saturday morning. Which meant that between the baby being up at night and then having to get up early enough to get all the kids ready, that I didn't get much sleep.



This is his 3rd year of playing basketball and he is really starting to do well.
His dribbling has gotten a lot better and he made most of his shots. He really enjoyed himself.
This one really doesn't have a love for the game. But he played to humor me.
His favorite part of the game is playing defense. And he is really good at defense. So I was tickled to actually get a picture of him dribbling the ball.
Okay, so maybe he's just holding it. But he's touching the ball.
And this girl had all the benefits of having 2 older brothers. Even though this was her first year to play, she knew exactly what she was doing.
We put her on the same team as her brother and they had a great time together. Plus, that meant they had the same practice time and game time every week. Which is priceless!
If the ball was loose, it was going to be hers.
She has some sort of innate drive to possess the ball.

And she seemed to have inherited the abitility to dribble a basketball from someone other than me. They wouldn't let me dribble. I just stood in the designated spot and shot baskets. But she, on the other had, wanted to take the ball down every time. And she's a pretty good shot too.

The funniest part was that even if someone else was dribbling the ball down to the basket, she would run behind them yelling,"I'm open, I'm open!". She wanted that ball. She would also be frequently seen telling other players on her team to guard their person.
We had a great time, but I'm a little thankful the season is over. It's amazing how fast one can get booked up every evening doing great things and end up not having any time at home for family time.
I think I'm ready for some family time.
Or maybe I'm just ready to sleep later than 6:00am on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you ARE ready for some sleep! Glad the kids had fun! They look darling. Looks like you have some talent in your crew! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!