Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Daylily Tour 08

Hello! I'm so glad you stopped by!


Would you like to come around to the backyard and see my daylillies?

You would?

I'm so delighted!

I've been collecting daylillies for many years now. A lot of mine have been given to me by my Grandmother and would be considered heirloom daylillies. When I got married and acquired my own little house and my own little plot of land, she gave me quite a few.


I have also bought some. The ones that are frillier with pinks and yellows are ones that I gravitate to when purchasing. I also bought one that is an obnoxious reddish orange. I somehow love it.

A couple have been given to me by friends. A couple were at a house when we moved in and became assimilated into my collection when we left.

I am still collecting and do not know that I will ever think, "Now I have enough." It has kind of become an obsession for me.

I LOVE to trade plants and I love to have perennial plants that were given to me by friends and family. I am always reminded of that person each year when they bloom.

These have been moved twice in the the last 3 years and are getting ready to make the trek to Texas. I love that they are very hardy and easy to transport.

I have a little over 30 different varieties and somewhere close to 300 or 400 plants. It seemed like a lot more when we were planting them last February!
All of these pictured are in my collection (I promise no "they are my neighbor's but I'm still standing in my yard" pictures) and in my garden right now. I just took these pictures this month. This is the first year I have tried to document all the varieties with pictures.





















Thanks for stopping by my garden and admiring my daylillies with me.
Come again any time.
I love to have visitors!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Lori! That's amazing, I didn't know you had all of those. Keep checking my blog, I will update it late @ night! Talk to you soon! Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw those are gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi daisy girl, found you through Kate at Chronicles of a Country Girl. I LOVE your daylilies -- so beautiful!!!! Unfortunately, I can't have daylilies because the deer eat them...sigh...but I loved seeing yours.
    xoxo,
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those daylilies are beautiful. I wish when it came to gardening that I knew what I was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty amazing! I honestly had never even heard of day lillies until I joined the fam :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so beautiful!!! Love them and am a little jealous. You just bring that green thumb to Texas and show us how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
    So very pretty~
    I keep thinking of you and all of the kids camping and my heart aches for you.
    Hope YOU are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all look beautiful!! I can see why you are so proud of them. I'll be checking on them for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!