Monday, July 21, 2008

Volcano Sisters of the World Unite

So, for several months now my daughter has been dressing
up in a tutu and a tiara and calling herself a "Volcano Sister".
I'm honestly not for sure where this came from.
And yet, this has been one her favorite dress up themes lately.
And yes, "Volcano Sisters" frown and look mean.
Again, I have no idea why.

I'm thinking maybe this is some new breed of tough
super heroine who can get away with wearing princess clothing
and still take out Batman and Superman.

Apparently a necessary skill in this house.

Last week at Vacation Bible School, the theme for the week was Outrigger Island. There was a huge backdrop of an island and a huge volcano on the stage.
The adults were all dressed up in Hawaiian garb.
When I picked up my daughter from her class on the first day
she announced to me in her most awe-filled voice,


"Mommy, I saw the VOLCANO SISTERS!!! The real live VOLCANO SISTERS!".

She was so excited.


She put the volcano together with the ladies leading the
songs dressed in grass skirts and came up with the only
logical conclusion... that these indeed were the Volcano Sisters in person.

The next day I saw some of the ladies chatting and I told them about my daughter
and the story of the Volcano sisters and how she was dying to get a picture with them. They thought the story was hilarious and said that she could
come up front at parent's night and get her pic made.



When we got to parents night they announced,
"Please welcome Pastor Mike and the VOLCANO SISTERS!!!!"

My daughter started screaming for them.

You would have thought we were at a Wiggles concert.

Come to find out, the ladies I talked to shared the story with everyone else and they decided that "Volcano Sisters" was a splendid name and it stuck.


And here she is.
Her picture with the real Volcano Sisters.

Unfortunately she now thinks that this is something that adults do for a living and she has aspired to be a "Volcano Sister" when she grows up.

All I have to say is good luck with that.

5 comments:

  1. Hey girl. I left you a comment on my blog. Troy said you would read it, but I just wanted to make sure. TTFN
    Christina Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a hilarious post. I love it! A girl after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Can't wait to see what the Lord will do with a Volcano Sister on His side! HA!
    Too cute.
    That's quite the VBS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so funny. I'll bet she will be the best "Volcano Sister" ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's a serious backdrop! Love this post! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!