Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Mortal Wound Indeed

Three yelled down from upstairs that one in their midst had been injured.
It was an emergency.
It was a huge gaping wound.
They had done the best they could to stop the bleeding
but decided it was time they sought additional medical assistance.

One had skillfully dressed the wound.
One had contributed moral support.
One was eternally grateful for the two who had saved his life.

As they helped their limping brother down the stairs I was leery as to what I would find.


Ah, the wound.

I think at this juncture I will postpone the highly anticipated trip to the emergency room.



(although I must say I am impressed by the wound dressing skills)
(and the drama of it all, oh, the drama, also impressive)

Does this sort of drama only run rampant at my abode or does it freely flow throughout the Kingdom of Children 7 and under?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, we have the same actors and actresses in our home! You would think they were dying. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the drama.....i'm afraid you haven't even glimpsed drama until you've had 3 GIRLS in your home. Last week Lilly sustained a finger nail scratch to the knee and I was amazed that her recovery was only 2 days instead of 3! The writhing pain, well it was painful to watch, to say the least. It's still a topic of conversation almost a week later! UGHHH!

    Have a great day, Cheers to all those moms out there who aren't Doctors, but who play one at home!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can SO relate to the DRAMA! Isn't it a hoot?
    Love the account and pictures - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just letting you know that I'm reading your blog. My brain is too fried to think of any cunning comments. But I enjoyed the pics and stories anyways! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kingdom of 7. I knew I liked you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live with four drama queens...our oldest being the worst with "BAD Boo Boos"....usually so miniscule you can't see them. But they are "BAD" and NEED band-aids and neosporin. It's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess this topic sparked some Amens! Now that the oldest knows where the band-aids are located and knows how to open them (by tearing the packages in teeny tiny pieces and leaving them all over the bathroom floor)he thinks he needs one at least once a day. And he only leaves them on the area of need for about 35 seconds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!