Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I was talking with Mrs. Troop this morning about the fact that I just don't feel like I can blog about things when I still have boxes to unpack and rooms to organize.

And quite honestly, there are many amusing things that have happened recently but none which I would consider to be appropriate for blog material.

I think keeping up with everything would have been a little easier had we not moved right as homeschool was starting and as we were gearing up for fall activities.

But at least I am back today for Thankful Thursday.

So here is my list.

1) I am so thankful for a husband who sets a godly example for our children. Ever since we have been married, my husband reads his Bible in the morning at breakfast. He has also read the Bible in it's entirety every year for as long as I have known him. Recently my 7 year old has been getting up when we get up, around 5:45am sometimes, and he sits at the table with his dad and reads his Bible also while I make them breakfast. He wants to know exactly what book and chapter his dad is reading. He wants to be like his dad so very much and I am so blessed that his dad has a heart for God.

2) I am thankful for the AWANA's program. This is our 3rd year to be involved in an AWANA's program and I am very excited about the motivation it gives my children to memorize verses. It has been a tremendous blessing to our family. My husband and I are both signed up to be AWANA helpers this year. It is so nice to have him in town on Wednesday nights!

3) I am thankful for the UPWARDs basketball program. It is a very non-competitive, Christian organization where the emphasis is to learn about Christ, learn about good sportsmanship, learn basketball skills, and have fun. Both boys are playing this year. We'll see how that goes.

4)I am thankful we live on a flat street. I know, seems odd, but in Georgia we lived on a hill and we didn't allow our children to ride their bikes on it because it was steep enough and busy enough that we didn't feel comfortable. We are now living on a flat, quiet street with a cul-de-sac at the end and they LOVE it.

5) I am thankful for friends who are encouragers!

6) I am thankful that the bunnies in the yard don't seem to have an affinity for daylilies. Although they have found that my newly purchased coneflower has leaves that make a tasty snack. My husband was concerned that they may suffer from lead poisoning if they eat too many. He may be correct.

7) I am thankful for the nice weather. I am really enjoying being able to go outside and not feel that I am going to melt into a puddle.

Okay, that's all I've got this week.

Have a Thankful Thursday! We have so much to be Thankful for!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Daisy Girl - I've missed y ou. In fact I re-checked my reader today just to make sure you weren't accidentally deleted. Glad to have you back. So thankful for fun bloggy friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! A post from Crasy Daisy! Yeah!
    And did I meantion YEAH!
    Truth is, we DON'T have time for this blogging thing - none of us!
    But it's a whole lot of FUN, huh?
    Happy Friday, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is alive! I am so glad to hear about your life in Texas. I have a mutal friend of yours who would like to view your blog. Email me and we can discuss this further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There IS a lot to be thankful for!

    Ummm, next week? You guys will be here? We have you down on our calendar :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!