Thursday, September 25, 2008

Haves

That's the Georgian term for hives.

And I've got 'em.

And it ain't pretty.
(I'm sure my mom is cringing. She was an English teacher and she worked very hard to make sure we spoke correctly. And yet it seemed necessary for emphasis. Really mom, it did.)

It takes me back to the time when we had been in Georgia just a couple months and my oldest son broke out into full body hives. After taking him to the local emergency room one night and then his pediatric physician the next day, we still ended up in the Pediatric Hospital in Atlanta that next night.

The physician came in and promptly diagnosed....

"He has haves."

It was close to midnight and I had not had much sleep the night before and so I was tired and confused. He haves what?

So I asked her again what he had.

"Haves."

I'm sure my mouth formed a silent "O" as I figured out she was saying HIVES.
(which I pronounce with the "i" saying it's name)



So now for the second time this week, I have had haves.

And I must say that there is a direct correlation to having hives and a decrease in my patience meter which directly corresponds to my child tolerance meter.

Let's hope the Zyrtec kicks in soon! And hopefully I'll be back later with a Thankful Thursday list that includes that I am thankful I haveth no haves.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry about the haves. My child tolerance meter is in good shape right now. Come on to my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, Girl!
    And I'm thankful for YOU - and not just because it's Thursday.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world did you get the haves? Are you allergic to the geckos? Do you need some brownies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your haves. Hope it has gotten better. I just saw your "comment." I wish we could meet you guys but we have family coming in tonight and a big day of OU stuff planned for tomorrow. For sure we will next time.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you are feeling better. How was the move? I have emailed you, did I get the address wrong? Those lizards are adorable. My kids are so jealous! I'm not personally. :o) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!