Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Land That He Loves

Last weekend we went on a road trip to Oklahoma and
went fishing on the land that my husband loves.


This land has been in his family for many years and he remembers fishing these ponds as early as 6 or 7 years old.
I've been fishing these ponds with him since the 3rd week we were dating.
In fact, he proposed to me on the dirt road right beside one of these ponds.
(a story that will await another day)


The kids really had a great time.
My oldest has really gotten good at casting and catching bass all by himself.



My middle caught a bass and took a picture with it to humor me.
He enjoyed being outdoors but really prefered to sit in the car and draw.

My daughter really had the best time of all, I think.

She would have one of us cast the lure out for her and then she wanted to reel it in all by herself.

Over and over and over.....

She decided she was on "mommy's team" and so we were fishing together. Some of the places to walk around the pond had grass as tall as she was so I would let her hop on my back as we walked through it whilst I also held my fishing pole.

As we were walking I started to feel like Luke Skywalker in the Empire Strikes Back. You know, the scene where Yoda is on Luke's back telling him,

"Mommy, catch a large fish for our team, you must."

"Catch more fish than the boys, you will."

When my husband saw us he started laughing. Then he asked where the camera was. Fortunately it was back in the car but if we would have had one.... it would have looked something like this..... except Yoda would be wearing a pink sun hat.....


And never fear, the man came, he saw, and he caught the biggest bass.

And we all lived happily ever after.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! Now, I'm waiting for the proposal story - out with it, already!
    And the Yoda language - I'm cracking up. "Write about your proposal, you will."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say that not only would Yoda be wearing a pink hat, but Yoda would have also been MUCH cuter to compare to your daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have assumed that sweet girl would have loved fishing the most. I've never met a girl that loves animals more than her! Glad you had fun. BTW, we have new neighbors. I think they only have one 15 year old daughter, so it's pretty quiet over there. Hopefully, I'll get to meet them soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!