Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's a Virtue

Last weekend we took a road trip to Oklahoma.

On Saturday night we were at my parents house and my 5 year old decided he needed his blanket from the car.

Right then.

He asked me to go get it for him but I was right in the middle of a game with his brother so I told him to go find his dad.

He found his dad talking to his Grandpa and apparently demanded that his dad retrieve the blanket with no further ado.

Since my husband has a "We do not negotiate with terrorists" policy, he decided this would be a good chance for a lesson and told him that he needed to wait 5 minutes so he could practice his patience.

My son replied "I want to practice patience later."

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry.

    I will not use first names. I will not use first names. I will not use first names.

    This story is a classic!

    I like "husband's" policy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, you are SO cracking me up! :) My "husband" said you were there as a witness to the event. Thanks for taking his side. :) It always helps when the other adults are on board with character learning experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    Can I practice patience later, too?

    VERY funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should say two more in the niece and nephew department. My sister is expecting a boy at the end of this month, and my sister-in-law is expecting a girl in January. I'M not adding two more :) I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how he feels! That's a great story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!