Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. I am thankful that fall is just around the corner.

2. I am thankful that I am currently not living in an area that is in a drought. I don't think I planted anything outside the whole time we were in Georgia because of the drought. Today, in Texas, I planted pansies!

3. I am thankful to have my husband home every night.

4. I am thankful for the local library. It is so wonderful to have access to so many books.

5. I am thankful for cool fall breezes and the fact that I can soon wear my favorite jacket!

6. I am thankful for great Christian programs for my kids to get involved in like AWANAs and UPWARDS.

7. I am thankful that there wasn't a quiz over the 2nd Presidential debate. I think I fell asleep.

8. I am thankful for all the new friends God has sent my way since moving to Texas. I have met 4 families that have just moved here in the last 1 - 5 months. Three of them also homeschool! And two of them are from Oklahoma.

9. I am thankful that my family has been in good health the last several months.

10. I am thankful that so far there have only been 3 kids on the block who have stopped by to sell something for their sports league or scout program. (But seriously, what do you do? Do you buy from everyone? I honestly don't want to buy a $16 pie or a $15 can of popcorn. How do you handle that?)

Okay, that's all for now. I hope you have a Thankful Thursday! There is so much to be thankful for.

5 comments:

  1. I'm the mom of the popcorn selling boy scout - so yes, you buy it! Its not every day you get to own some 15$ popcorn. :) Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have your blog comments been hijacked? :-)

    About buying things from kids - that's a tough one! While I have had children selling things at various times, I'm not a big fan of the fund-raiser. A $1 candy bar is no big deal, but to ask people to spend $15 is against my budgeting nature.

    So, here's what you do. You give them a cash donation (like $5) and let them keep the popcorn. It's perfectly legitimate and will help their organization without spending more money or filling your house with candy bars, popcorn or wrapping paper.

    Good luck!

    Great list, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a difficult one. I would have to go with Mrs. Troop. There is no way I could buy from that many kids for that amount of $. There have been many times where I gingerly tell them we are unable to buy from them at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just tell you I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG!!! Seriously, I just sat here and read through most of it. You are a witty, wonderful woman Ms Lori and I wish that I had developed a closer friendship with you in High School when I had you right there. When you are ready to move again I am sure Carla and I can find you the perfect home in Stillwater with lotsa flowers and places to transplant flowers as well as find you a fabulous church to be a part of complete with Awanas and Upward Bball. Well, better go...those piles of laundry and stuff sitting all around me haven't seem to shrunk any while I was sitting at my desk. I would have thought it would have been a nice gesture on their part to have done so ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!