Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's the little things that make me happy

While we were at the farm, the kids spent most of their time on the 4-wheelers. In fact, in almost every picture I took they are either on a 4-wheeler with their dad, Grandma, Grandpa, or Great-Grandpa.

There are many fields to ride through, ponds to go visit, and a gravel road to drive on down to the river. It's great fun!

During one of the rides we drove through a field where an old farm house used to be years ago. No roads to it. No foundation left. Nothing was left to show that it had ever existed.

Nothing except daffodils.

Lots and lots of daffodils!

There were at least 2 different varieties if not 3, but only one was still blooming. I asked my Grandpa if I could dig up some starts of them (seeing as how they were way back in a cow field and nobody ever saw them anyway) and he said that would be just fine if I thought they would live.

He's not a real big gardener.

And I know it's not the best time of year to dig up daffodils, but I'm just working with what I've got here.
Aren't they beautiful?

So my dad and I hopped on the 4-wheelers and rode back to the pasture and he dug up a couple clumps for me. The clumps have lots of bulbs in them because it has been many many years since they have been divided.

I am so excited!

How fun is that!?! Fancy daffodils from my Grandpa's farm. I can't wait to see what the other ones look like!

4 comments:

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!