Friday, August 20, 2010

Is it too much to ask to just stand there and smile?

So we went to the beach last week. Had a great time. Took the traditional white and khaki clothing to try to get a "beach" picture. The problem was that we honestly weren't there long enough. The best times to get beach pictures are right when the sun comes up, when it is a little overcast or around dusk. Otherwise the sun is just too bright and everyone squints.

Because of the bright sun, several small storms during the day, and other various reasons, we only had about 20 minutes before dark to take pictures.
And I had no idea that during the whole "photo shoot" that one member of our party was having the time of her life posing.
It wasn't until we got back in the house and I started looking through the pics that I asked my dear sweet daughter, "What in the world were you doing????"

Just posing like a princess, Mom.

Great.

The first one is distinctly her Pocahontas pose.
And she tried her head this way.

And that way.

She tried various poses with her hands.
The throw back her head and kick her leg up pose.

Another eyes closed dreamingofmyprincetocome pose.

And a pose involving the proper placement of princess hand.
At this point, her brother was getting tired of the picture taking gig and started playing the game where he pretends to pinch off the head of someone standing in his close vicinity. Fortunately there were a few that turned out.



Not as many as I would have hoped, but enough. And one good one of the family. So I'm happy.
And I have to say, I had a close friend whose 1 year old neice died last week while we were on vacation. And things like that really make you re-think your whole view of life. And it makes you realize what is really important. And it helped me to embrace the beautiful little girl I have with the brilliant personality. No matter how many pictures she puts her own personal touch on.

But I need to know, is it just me or does anyone else have a poser in the family?

4 comments:

  1. love the beach pictures! :) that family photo is great. i have to say i kind of like the head thrown back, leg kicked up one to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful! The family pic is beautiful, Girl! Can't believe how grown up everyone is - wow. Precious precious children. As you well know! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog of her.. and great pictures of her and the family.
    I used to have a poser.
    That one has since turned into an "anti-smiler" while the other one has finally grown into an "okay Mom, here is a good spot to quickly take a picture that I'll actually smile in" kind of boy.
    But, I am learning to love all the pictures because it shows their personality.

    Even the school picture that he wore a nice button up and slacks for, but forgot to change out of his raggy old PE clothes so they are totally HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable kids! I love all the poses & faces. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog so I could find yours. It makes me miss the beach!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!