Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thankful Saturday

So I totally missed Thankful Thursday.

It could have something to do with the fact that my parents called Wednesday afternoon and said they wanted to stop by our house on the way to see my Grandparents in Missouri.

And if you know anything about where they live, and where we live, and the direction of Missouri, you will know it is not on their way at all.

But they desperately missed the kids. And the kids desperately missed them.

So they came down for a couples days to visit.

And we are so thankful they did.


I am so thankful for my dad who spent the entire morning out in the front yard with me trimming bushes and trees. And who brought me gorgeous yellow gladiolas and filled our fridge with huge containers of blueberries and strawberries and grapes.
I am so thankful for my kids who are really great helpers. I am so thankful when they encourage each other and build each other up. And I love it when they show up at my side and ask what they can do to help me. And I absolutely love it when they take the initiative to go ahead and clean or help out without me even asking.
I am thankful for the kids even when they are a wee bit ornery. Life would be boring without some 'brilliant personalities' here and there.
I am thankful that baby girl is sleeping from 9pm to 7am. So very thankful. Even if she politely declines to smile in the pictures.

I am thankful for my mom who prays constantly for all of us. She is thoughtful and kind and always tries to anticipate needs and help where she can. We all adore her.

I am thankful that my parents make family a priority and that they take the time out of their crazy schedules to spend some time with our crazy schedule.

And that's my thankful Saturday.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Your parents are wonderful - you are so blessed. Glad everyone had a fun visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!