Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Beach edition

Well, we started homeshool this week. And as much as I love homeschooling my kids, and as much as I am grateful and thankful that I am able to do it, well, let's just say it's been a long week already.

The kids have honestly done great. I think it's just balancing a 10 month old along with a 3rd, 2nd and 1st grader and having one of them constantly needing to talk to me about something very important that has pegged out my child tolerance meter.

So I'm going to focus my Thankfulness on something I was thankful for a couple weeks ago. I can do that, right?

Because last night, after my husband got home, I needed to run an errand. And the thought actually crossed through my mind that if I kept driving south, in several hours I could be back at the beach house we stayed at a couple weeks ago.

And I could walk along the quiet beach, all by myself, and collect pretty seashells, and let the waves wash over my feet as I walk in the sand........

But I didn't go. So I'll just reminesce.

1. Thankful for the beach house.
This was the beach house we stayed in. LOVED it! I was standing in the ocean as I took this picture. It was so nice to have a house this close to the beach. And they had a shower underneath so you could rinse off. It was so nice. 2. Thankful the beach wasn't crowded.
This house was on a public access beach but it was a little more secluded. We never saw more than a couple people at a time. We were told that in July and August there was more seaweed/kelp on the beach, but it really wasn't that bad.

If I was Blue, I would SO skadoo right into this picture. Right now. I'm just sayin'.

3. Thankful that the few storms we had were very brief.
This is from the 2nd story balcony right before the storm hit. It was such a beautiful view.
4. Thankful for the other family that went with us. He was a groomsman in our wedding and they have 2 boys the same age as our 2.
5. Thankful that we had a great time and no one got hurt.
6. Thankful for the beauty that God created for us to enjoy. I can't imagine what heaven must be like.
7. Thankful that my husband will be home in an hour and a half and I can go to Starbucks.
I realize that last one had nothing to do with the beach, but that's just what I'm thankful for at the moment. :)
Okay, so that's all I've got for the moment. I'll try to do another post about all the fun we had on the beach because we really had the best time!
Have a thankful thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize Ella was in first grade already, I was thinking she was a year younger than Lilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And the blog looks great, too! :-) Wish you were closer so I could MEET you at Starbucks and work on our blogs together. (sigh) It's Friday, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks so pretty! I've already been to Starbucks twice this week ~ not good on the waist or the budget! Glad schooling is going good ~ we have had the longest of weeks too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!