Monday, July 14, 2008

I'd Like To Buy A Vowel

In the evenings we have reading time. I read several books to the kids. Then my oldest who is reading well, reads books to all of us. My middle is just starting to read, and my 3 year old thinks she can read already. In fact she is just convinced.


Tonight she picked up a book with simple words and announced she was going to read it to us.


The first word was PEN.


She sounded it out. P. E. N. (the phonics sounds)
Then she put the last two letters together P. EN. (I just knew she had it)


I asked her what that spelled.....


And she answered confidently...


"SOAP!"


Clearly she is ready to start reading her first novel.

3 comments:

  1. Oh thats too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet! Daughter (#7) "reads" in bed every night. I love sneaking in to listen to her!
    Reminds me, though. Haven't done NEARLY enough reading with my little ones this Summer.
    I'll add that to my list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori!

    I just got through reading "most" of your blog since you started and really enjoyed it! Wow, I didn't know you were a cook, seamstress, gardener and photograher...and great at them all! I will be learning lots coming to your blog. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!