Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday

One of the main reasons I do a Thankful Thursday is to regain my perspective.
This really puts things into perspective.
And this.
And this just breaks my heart.


I live in America. I am spoiled. I have food and shelter and all the earthly comforts I need. I have my very own computer for heaven's sake. Things are pretty chaotic and stressful right now but we are still so fortunate. Fortunate my husband has a job, we have a home, our children are well fed and are healthy.

Which is why I do a Thankful Thursday. Because when everything is stressful my tendency is to focus on myself and my problems and forget about the bigger picture. I get overwhelmed in the moment. It is so important that I keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and that I am thankful for every situation. So here is my list.


1) Thankful that when I got stung by a wasp this morning that it only swelled up to about a 4 inch circle instead of my whole leg. (I knew I would eventually figure out a way to be thankful for that!)

2) Thankful that even though my husband is going to be in New Orleans this weekend for a conference, that he might get to fly home for about 12 hours. Might. Hopefully.

3) Thankful that when the movers come in August 11th, that they are going to pack up everything. How great is that?

4) Thankful that my kids are in good health.

5) Thankful that there were no cavities when we went to the dentist yesterday.

6) Thankful for all the great friends I've made in my year and a half in Georgia.

7) Thankful that in less than a month we will be living under the same roof as my husband. (we are all very excited about this) (the kids cry every Sunday when he leaves)

8) Thankful that we only have to drive to Texas instead of California or the state of Washington... or Canada..... . (can you tell that I'm dreading the trip to Texas?) (it's a long, ole, trip)

9) Thankful that I have a Savior in Jesus Christ.

10)I am thankful that my God is the everlasting God who is the creator of the heavens and the earth. That he is all powerful and almighty.

Isaiah 40:28 - 31
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.



Have a Thankful Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Great post!
    The song was an encouragement. Been a little overwhelmed myself, today!
    I'm so grateful for you constant faithfulness and testimony of waiting on the Lord.
    You are a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I needed that!
    love,
    amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!