Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Blogging to you live from the hotel lobby. Fortunately there is a large screen tv with cable so the kids are momentarily occupied.

1. Thankful that we have a contract on a house in Dallas!!! Woohoo! It got a little tense there for a while. The buyers were "insulted" by our first bid. (I told you we were frugal) (And they were priced too high per square foot for the neighborhood) But, they wanted to play ball. Which is the point where the realtor and I got stressed and my husband really started to enjoy the game. They came back with a counter, we sat on it. They got nervous (just as my husband predicted) and willingly came down quite a bit more and told us that was as low as they would go. My husband instructed our realtor to give them our top number and tell them that was as high as we would go. Ugh. The tension was palpable. But, they came down! Woohoo! Glad that is over.

2. Thankful we are going home tonight! At least we are starting home. Which is even better. To just go partway today and the rest tomorrow, because it is a long ole drive!

3. Thankful that even though we are stuck in the hotel yet another day, there is a pool, and there is computer access in the lobby, and we did bring things to read and draw on. And cable! We don't have cable at home.

4. Thankful for my neighbor who has been checking on my house and watering my plants while we are gone.

5. Thankful for my portable dvd player. Thanks for that mom & dad. I don't think my sanity would stand a chance on the way home without it!

6. Thankful for Chipotle. Oh. My. Heavens. Have either of you eaten there? I don't think there has been one of these in my close vicinity in either place I have lived recently or I'm sure I would have known about them. We ate there last night and it was wonderful!

7. Thankful that I took some Spanish in college. Our room service lady speaks no English. And I speak poco Espanol. But enough that I was able to communicate what we needed. I think.

8. Thankful I'll be a Texan by mid-August. Although, I'm not for sure I'll ever qualify as a Texan as long as we have OU allegiance. GO SOONERS!

Okay, that's all I've got. The Backyardigans are over and my kids are starting to wander.

Have a Thankful Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. YEAAAAAAA! A contract. Chipotle. Backyardigans. A good day indeed. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO for the contract!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I'm so happy for you! I cannot tell you how much I love Dallas! We usually come down a few times a year. We'll do a girl's lunch!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I'm glad you got the house and I can't wait to pictures. It was a pleasure to water your plants, it gave me a chance to spend some time praying for my new neighbors. You'll be hard to top, but I'm trying to be open. I pray you get home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Great news! Big day! I'm so ready to have you closer, but I know it will be hard to move, again, too.
    If I didn't have 9 people to take care of, I'd come help!
    Unfortunately, I'm not much of a help with eight tag-a-longs. :-)
    Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stillwater just got a Chipotle last month. If you showed your library card at ours this past monday you got a free burrito! Yum-o. I never got to visit you in GA, I should be able to in TX!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, there's a Chipotle on every corner in Dallas! I'm dying to know where you're moving, where you'll go to school, church, etc.
    Please let me know if you need help with any of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are happy for you! And yes we are home. Preparing for our next adventure. Eric speaks next week @ another church camp. Craziness! Later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!