Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. Thankful that I'm not going to have to buy snowboots for the kids this year. Apparently. They are currently outside in shorts and barefeet. I'm thinkin' we may not be having a white Christmas in Texas this year.

2. Thankful for faithful friends who provide much encouragement.

3. Thankful you don't have to pay-per-minute to be on Facebook. Because I've spent way too much time on there this week.

4. Thankful that my husband has a good job with a good company. We have had several friends and acquaintances in the last weeks and months who have lost jobs. It is something we do not take for granted.

5. Thankful that there is a guy coming by today who is supposed to repair or replace everything the moving company broke or lost.

6. Thankful that our God is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and that he knows what has been, what is, and what will be.

7. Thankful that this is the last week for Upwards basketball. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the program. But 2 nights a week of practice (one for each boy) and 2 games on Saturdays is getting a little old. I'm glad we did it and I'm glad it's over. I'm contemplating a non-game sport for the Spring. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Okay, that's all I've got for now.

Have a Thankful Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. I knew you'd have a good post today on this Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for Good Strong COffee and this week its being brewed morning and night!!!!! Thanks for the sweet list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm. A non-game sport. We'll have to think about that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I didn't realize Texas was that much warmer than Oklahoma. We are definately into our winter clothes here.

    As for Upwards, your journey is ending and ours is just beginning. The upwards season here is January through March. I don't know how I am going to survive when all 4 get into an activity. Even limiting it to one activity is TOO much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I ever remember having a white Christmas in Texas. What I wouldn't do for a little warm weather!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!