Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

So, I had a brilliant idea. Okay, so maybe not so much. But I was up several times in the middle of the night with sick kids. By the time I got everyone all medicined up and tucked back in it was 4:00am.

And I couldn't go to sleep.

Nothing is more maddening than not being able to go back to sleep when you are absolutely exhausted. So after I prayed for everyone I could think of and after I had come up with a name a God with every letter of the alphabet, I started thinking about my Thankful Thursday post.

I decided it would be a brilliant idea to link all the things I am thankful for to previous posts.

Why?

I have absolutely no idea. But it honestly seemed brilliant at 4:30 this morning. And since I've got nothing else, here it is.......

1. Thankful that I didn't buy 500 pansies seeing as how almost half are now beheaded! (see how nice this thankful thursday thing is?? instead of being bitter that the rabbits are eating my pansies, I'm thankful that I didn't buy more. I just need to keep telling myself that.... I'm thankful I didn't buy more.... I'm thankful I didn't buy more....)

2. Thankful that it's too cold out for snakes. Although I'm sure I wouldn't have a pansy problem. I'm not for sure which is worse, a 4 1/2' long King Snake who eats rabbits, or rabbits who eat pansies.

3. Thankful life has not been this chaotic lately.

4. Thankful it is too cold for camping. Don't get me wrong, I love to camp. But I think I'm GOOD for a while!

5. Thankful my daylily collection is happily growing in Texas. Thanks for your help dad!

6. Thankful for my dad, whose birthday was this week! Happy Birthday dad!

7. Thankful we have found a violin teacher here that we absolutely adore! The first one that I had set up lessons with refused to teach my children on the size violins we already had (which our former teacher recommended), was priced too high, and expected the children to be virtuosos by the time they are 8. It just wasn't working for us. But we adore the teacher we have found. It really is a blessing.

8. I'm thankful for a thoughtful husband who always keeps me amused and who we all love and adore.

9. I'm thankful for all my friends and fellow mothers who are in the trenches everyday fighting the good fight!

10. Thankful for the snow we had last year in Georgia, because it's looking like there is a good chance we won't be having any in Texas!

Okay, that's all I've got. I'm off to take temperatures and wipe noses. Good times.

Have a Thankful Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. So very sorry the kids are sick. NO fun at all! LOVE the post - how fun is that? You have a better memory than I do - I wouldn't remember anything to link to! HA!
    Have a blessed day, Friend. Oh, I mean NURSE. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too woke up with ideas running through my head...not for the blog, but for our Christmas Open House of all things. Now, I'm not too sure they were THAT great or THAT unique! But, I'm sure I'll give it a try anyway! Sorry your kiddos are sick...we're in the same boat. Well, just one out of the four. Get some sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should you have the misfortune of another sleepless night, put your Martha Stewart abilities to work and come up with a tasty Rabbit and King Snake Stew. Top it with a dollop of sour cream and place a pretty pansy as a topper. It might even have medicinal properties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very linky linky today. Or at least you were Thursday. :)

    Hope the kiddos are feeling better!

    haha. The word verification I am entering so that I can post this comment is "snotos" Kind of like snot nose. Which hopefully is what your children do NOT have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl - you are too funny! As if "making" my list was something to be attained. I've had you on my daily reader for months but just got around to editing my list. Funny thing though - I clicked on your link to leave this comment and it took me to a different Crazy Daisy. Did you know there is ANOTHER Crazy Daisy??? Blasphemous.
    Anyway - its all straightened out now. And THANK YOU for adding me to yours as well. This has been a fun way to keep up with friends.Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh- we got the bow and Arrows at Bass Pro last year. The boys were 9 and 5 at the time. The five year old is much more "globally aware" than his older brother was at that age. Thats one reason we waited till Gabe was 9. :)Its been good fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!