Monday, December 10, 2007

Overheard At the Table

We had the girls across the street over to play for the day last week. This was the conversation overheard at the table during lunch.

(3rd grade neighbor): Our next door neighbors are moving.
(mine in 1st): We're moving to Texas.
(K neighbor) : Everybody moves to Texas.
(1st): My daddy says they don't need as much help at his job here anymore but they need more help in Texas.
(My 4 y/o) : It's windy in Texas! (how would he know this?)
(My 3 y/0): Yee Haw Yippee ki yo... Texas here I come.......
(1st): The best part about it is that my mom says that she has always wanted to live in Texas her WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE!!!
(as I am choking on my drink.....)
(1st): Isn't' that right mom?
(still choking.... remembering that I did indeed say something to that fact to try and get everyone excited about the imminent move.......)
Me: Yes, that's right. I am very excited. It will be a great place to live! (yippee ki yo)

3 comments:

  1. We are iced in! I kind of like it though! All the schools are canceled. Ben did have to go to a case in Norman though :( I've just been trying to get caught up on stuff around the house and watching cheesey Christmas movies. We DO still have power. Ben said your parents lost power yesterday. We invited them to come over here, but I guess they didn't want to get out on the roads.

    ALWAYS wanted to move to Texas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are iced in, too!
    No power - for two hours in the night, and then from 9:00 am on today.
    We are camped out at my parent's house with B,S and kids.
    11 kids in all.
    Party!
    Seriously - Texas sounds good right now - warmer!
    Thanks for telling me about the contest, I mean checking on us.
    We're hanging in there - no school tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are not iced in today. School was out on Monday and is back in today. Cold and rainy here though. All but one of our families back in the metro have no power. D's bball game has been cancelled tonight I will have help with the kids tonight! Loved the conversation about Texas! Loved Nathan's comment the most!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!