Thursday, December 13, 2007

Yee Haw

Drum Roll Please....................
So here they are.
It doesn't look like much but I have a lot of time and energy wrapped up in these babies.
And yes, those are actual working pockets!
They really turned out well.... despite the over ambition...
They really took a lot more energy and talent than I had budgeted for.
Fortunately my creativity and critical thinking skills really
came in handy but my talent does not lie in sewing.
I enjoy sewing as long as everything goes according to plan
but when the fabric slips or needles don't work
or I have to start taking apart seams....
I start feeling a little over ambitious!
I'm really thinking that the chaps are
going to have to wait until next year.



I've got skillz I tell ya.
Mad skillz!
I don't know if you can tell but in the middle of all the stars are rivets.
That's right.
Genu-wine metal rivets.
The first one took me 10 MINUTES to put in. Seriously.
Now I can put them in so fast it would make your head spin.
Skillz.....that no one can take away from me.


On the girl vests there is fringe on the pocket.
That was a lot of extra love.


Now I must go continue to clean my house.
And if someone would please just leave me a post telling
me how adorable these are and how talented I must be
and how you are just SURE that vests of this caliber
MUST be selling for around $2000 in a boutique,
that would just make my day!
(even if you have to lie, I'm okay with that)
(very tired and needing some appreciation)
(looking for claps here)
Pretty sure this won't count toward
my heavenly rewards of gold brick
so yes,
I am seeking the appreciation
of my fellow man.
:)
Please Appreciate.

7 comments:

  1. Oh My Heavens!
    Those are darling, amazing, obviously made with a huge amount of love and sacrifice.
    I'm sure the children will appreciate the tremendous amound of work and sweat and tears.
    They are great!
    You're awesome!
    They look like, well, FANCY, compared to the ones we have.
    WOW.
    Did I say amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha:
    Can I sign you for a book deal/TV show/magazine contract?
    You would blow the other crafty people away with your amazing abilities.
    All I can say is: Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously - CUTE, I tell you.
    SO CUTE!








    WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really impressed!! Those vests should be their favorite gifts. I agree with Mrs Troop. Maybe we should start a business. I could work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, these vests are soooo adorable. You must be so talented. I think in a boutique these would go for somewhere around $2000!! (ok, so it's not verbatim - but pretty close, right?)

    Wow. You've posted a lot since the last time we had internet at our house! We just got it back tonight and I'm trying to get caught up on my blog reading...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw your vests today! Love, love, love them!! Samuel is getting boots and a hat from his aunt. Wish I could sew, I wouldn't even know how to turn on a machine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!