Friday, January 18, 2008

Funny Things They Said

Well, it snowed here in Georgia on Wednesday and they are saying it will snow again tonight and tomorrow. When I told the kids, my 6 y/0 said...

6 y/0: Mom, when we moved to Georgia, you and daddy told us it wouldn't snow here.
(he is my bringer of truth)
Me: Yep, that's right. It is very atypical for it to snow here.
6 y/0: Well mom, it's just God's plan.
(right you are child)

The other night at AWANA Cubbies our verse was "When they saw the star, they were overjoyed." Well, my 5 y/o just got a turntable to go with his Thomas trains and apparently he has wanted one his whole entire life because he has played with it every minute of the day since he got it. Last night, once I finally wrestled it from him and tucked him in bed he started sobbing.

5 y/o : (sobbing in bed)
Me: Baby, what's wrong?
5 y/o: Mommy, I'm overjoyed.... (more sobbing)
(I'm not for sure he totally understood the meaning)


Tonight at supper.

6 y/0: Mom, I'm going to be a Juicitarian.
Me: A what?
6 y/o: A Juicitarian.... I'm only going to eat juice... get it?
(oh my, it's going to be a loooong weekend!)


5 y/o: I'm SO hungry
Me: Babe, you have your sandwhich, why aren't you eating?
5 y/0: Because I'm waiting for the hostess to sit down.
(my, my, my,.... what a sweet and intelligent boy!)


And my 3 y/0, my dear sweet 3 y/o.... in a 5 minute span of time, she asked me no less than 30 questions! I KID NOT! How is that even possible?

Other random comments....

6 y/0: Mom, why does this flyer for Thomas trains show trains that we have but it says they are new?
Me: Well, they probably printed it a long time ago when they were new but they are still using the flyers.
6 y/o: You mean like when the Old Testament was written?


5 y/o: Mom, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
(this is a frequently asked question and I have not once been thinking what he was thinking)

It's a great life, verbally complicated, but great

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!
    Kids commments are the best. I'm proud of you for writing them down. I do that in my dreams, but as of yet it hasn't actually happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are writing these in a journal. They're great. You could publish them. I guess you just did!! If you and mrs. troop put your heads together, you could publish a book and finance your escape to Bora Bora.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) That made me smile. Thanks mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!