Thursday, January 24, 2008

Where Are My Super Sleuth Skills When I Need Them?

So while I was fixing supper, my 5 y/0 runs down carrying a metal measuring tape with blood all over it and there is blood all over his hands and he is crying, telling me he cut himself. So I clean him up, all the while looking for this gash that has caused all this blood. I ask him where it hurts and he points to a bloody place and I wipe it and nothing... Soon both of his hands are clean, no cuts and no blood anywhere else...

So what do I do? At this point my Nancy Drew skills should have kicked in and I should have called Bess and George and got to the bottom of the Bloody Hand Caper. But no, I have a headache, I am cooking supper, and I am just relieved that he in fact did not have a cut on his hand. What was I thinking? I guess I was thinking that if someone else had gotten cut, they would have been lined up right beside my 5 y/0 so I could fix them too.

Ten minutes later, my 3 y/o comes down stairs crying because she can't find something. That is when I notice both of her hands are covered in blood! For ten minutes she has been running around the house covered in blood and obviously not bothered by the cut or the fact that she is staining everything she touches (you can tell where my concerns are! ha!). Of course, once I mention that we need to clean her up and that she might need a band-aid, well she was completely convinced she was mortally wounded. Because the girl LOVES band-aids. So she ended up with 3 band-aids and I spent the next 20 minutes going around the house cleaning up blood.

Nancy Drew must have been getting enough sleep at night.

And that's all I have to say.

1 comment:

  1. OK. So here's what I wrote the first time! :-)
    First of all, Nancy Drew, she got a full nights sleep. So don't be so hard on yourself. And I think I would have done the exact same thing!
    Love ya~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!