Wednesday, August 27, 2008

There's Nothing to See Here

I appreciate all the comments and e-mails requesting pictures.
But there is truly nothing to see here.
Just a flat grassy yard and lots of boxes.
But since it is pictures you want, I will show you what I have been doing while away from blogland.
I've mainly been unpacking boxes and trying to organize my home.

I helped my husband re-assemble this storage building.

And we only had one piece left over.

If you are considering moving a structure such as this anytime in the near future I would highly recommend using a Sharpie and using numbers and arrows to indicate which pieces go where and in what order.

It's not as intuitive as one might hope.

And here is my daylily collection .

I think they did just fine.

My parents drove down to help us move in and my dad and my husband planted all the daylilies the day before the movers came.

We couldn't have done it without them. We were just too worn out.


And then just because I didn't really feel like I had enough to do, I made my daughter a Minnie Mouse skirt to wear for her Birthday. It started out that she wanted a Minnie Mouse party. It is now that she wants to BE Minnie Mouse for her party. I saw one on Esty that was just adorable. I just couldn't bring myself to pay for it when I could probably sew one up for much less.

So I just did it.

In the midst of all the other chaos.

I made her a full circle skirt using Hancock's Minnie Mouse fabric and a poodle skirt pattern.

Which is really just true love because sewing with patterns gives me hives.

But she adores it! While I was cutting it out, she was sitting and watching and started making up a song that went.... "I love my mommy..... because she makes...... a Minnie Mouse skirt.....for my birthday...... She is so special..... She is so sweet........ she makes a skirt....... just for me....."

That right there made it totally worth it.

Now my problem is that my oldest mentioned to her that Minnie Mouse wears yellow shoes and white gloves. I told him thankyouverymuch for that. She now is hoping that she will get a pair of yellow dancing shoes as a Birthday present.

Anyone have an extra pair of yellow girls shoes in a size 10 1/2?

5 comments:

  1. Oh! Oh! YEAH! A post from my Friend! Yeah!
    You just made my less than exciting day!
    Love the pictures - the skirt is darling, of course. :-)
    The yard is NICE - you know, not SMALL at ALL! Right?
    Sure are glad you're only a shout away.
    Love ya~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow Shoes - HMM that is a predicament. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt!!! She's going to love that...you are such a good mom!! You would think that with four girls, all of whom love Minnie Mouse, we would have a pair of yellow shoes...but, sadly, we don't. Sorry. Hope that works out for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our little niece is going to love her skirt for her birthday :) Wish we could be there. We'd love to see the new house too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! The skirt is so cute, I just tried to talk lilly into have a Minnie Mouse B-day party. I got vetoed. Oh, well. Glad you're getting settled. Mom, Jen and I are planning a Dallas trip sometime this fall. Maybe we can do lunch!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!