Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How frugal are YOU?

As I was doing laundry today, I realized we are just about out of laundry soap so I've been skimping a little on each load and it reminded me of a time when we were first married,.... and we were doing laundry with a washer that my husband bought in McAlester, Oklahoma for $35....... it was just this side of being a fossil..... and he was very frugal... and I was washing a load of laundry......


He said (as I was getting ready to pour in the detergent): I only fill the cap about 3/4 full.

I wasn't going to let him win so I replied: Well, I usually only fill the cap about 1/2 full.

He replied: Well, actually, I usually only fill the cap about 1/4 full.

I replied: Well, I actually stop the washer before the rinse cycle and take out a couple soapy towels to throw in the next load instead of using more soap.

He came back with: Well, I don't rinse the soap off my hair in the shower, I just wipe it all off with a towel and throw the soapy towel in with a load.

(at this point I was laughing so hard I was crying,.... and I just couldn't think of anything that would be more frugal than that..)

So He won.

And I just thought I would share.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Oh! That is SO funny! I have frugal stories, too. You know I AM married to Mr. Frugal. Yes, I know you are, too, but a different one. I'll post the funniest - you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very funny. I can just see that little discussion in my head. It makes it even funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Funny stuff. I'm a new reader - thanks to Mrs. Troop. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! We are both frugal in areas, then not so much in others. I guess it brings a little bit of a balance! Just bad if we are not being frugal at the same time in the same area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are funny! It doesn't hurt to be frugal! Think about all the money you can save for a Sonic drink!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!