Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It Works... I Guess

So we were in the car and my 5 year old called my 3 year old an armadillo. (I don't pretend to understand why) She started wailing.... "Mooooommm... he called me an armadillooooo!!!!!!" (which of course must mean it is true) (because 5 year olds are full of wisdom)

So I remembered reading a post from BigMama that she was listening to Beth Moore one day and she explained how you can choose to reject things that are not true. That if someone says something to you or about you that is not the truth, you don't have to accept it. Which makes perfect sense.

So I decided to try it out.

I said, "Is that the truth? Are you an armadillo?" She said, "No" So I explained to her that if something is not true, you don't have to accept it. If someone says something, it doesn't make it true. You can reject it.

So later, I was downstairs with her and my 5 year old yells down... "My sister is a banana" and I brace myself for the impending wailing as she contemplates life as a banana. But instead, she yelled right back up to him, "I reject that, actually. "

3 comments:

  1. Oh My Heavens! That is priceless! I'm going to try that. We are in a bout of mouth washing here, lately. That would work well for things that aren't "forbidden" words, but are just plain ugly.
    Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear stories like that! My little ones come up with that kind of stuff too! I will be praying the house sells and you won't have to wait too long! Been there, done that! No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! Love that she rejected his name calling! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!