Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Recital

Last night was our first violin recital.
Ever.
My oldest has been playing for a year now and can actually play 5 songs with piano accompaniment.
My middle loves music and rhythms. He just started lessons in the summer.
My youngest is our performer and she desperately wanted to take violin lessons also.
She actually started this summer when she was 2.
What was I thinking?
Our violin teacher's daughter also teaches and she was available at the same time our oldest was taking lessons. I was going to have to do something with the other 2 anyways, and they both wanted to take lessons, so I said why not.
Here they are pre-recital.
You can tell they are excited and thrilled to have their pictures taken.


What if daddy stands behind me and promises you all lollipops if you smile?


That's what I thought.


Here is my oldest at the recital. Look at that confident stance!
He played "Variations on Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"
and "Song of the Wind" with piano accompaniment.


My middle played "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star".
At least part of it.


We are not for sure what she played. But she did play.
Oh yes she did.
With all the flair and grandeur she could muster.


And then she took her bow.


The audience clapped.
The audience cheered.
She wanted to play again.
We thought we would never get her off the stage.

6 comments:

  1. AAHHHHHH.
    Nothing could be sweeter!
    Of course I know all of the work BEHIND that joy. :-)
    So happy for you and your little musicians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have a big mess to deal with this morning, after being at the recital (and getting everyone ready before) last night?
    It's crazy here. I really enjoyed going, but I'm hating the mess, now! How DOES my house come apart so very quicky? I was only gone like 2 1/2 hours!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, really, you are MY hero! You manage to move to the other side of the country, make a new home for your family, homeschool your children, while serving your wonderful husband, deal with being a "single" mom about half of the time in a new town with new friends and a new church. All along with having trials with your children and job changing husband. And NOW moving AGAIN back to the middle of the country. In the mean time SHOWING your house (if anyone saw mine right now I'd cry) and maintaining a nurturing, loving home for all of your crew. I AM IMPRESSED! And I know how much work it is. And I admire you for it. Truly. And even with all of that to do, you encourage and inspire me virtually every day of the world with your calls, notes, POSTS, COMMENTS and FUN!
    And now I must fold laundry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a mutual admiration society?
    I'm so glad to be a member!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was reading your post and thought, WOW, we really do have our very own little mutual admiration society. How fun is that!?! Thanks for the kind words. I don't think I would make it through everything without your friendship keeping me afloat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have been at the recital. What fun! Cute kids! I'm sure their grandma is proud.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!