Thursday, May 15, 2008

All Dressed Up And No One To Tell

So tonight was the big recital.
And I took the kids by myself.
And I really didn't want to go.

I actually checked the kids' temperatures a couple
times today just in case they might be sick and
we wouldn't be able to go.

But no luck.
They were all feeling just fine.

So we got all dressed up and went.
And they did SO WELL!!
Really better than I thought.
And I have no one to tell.
My husband is on an airplane.
My parents and siblings are out of radio contact.
So that just leaves my virtual friends (as my husband calls ya'll).
So I'll tell you.

My kids did GREAT tonight at their recital!!



This one went first.
He has been taking lessons for 2 years now.
He is actually holding out for "rock and roll guitar lessons" but
for now he is playing the violin.
He played "Allegro" with piano accompaniment
and he played every note perfect!

I was really impressed and I hear him every day.
I mean, he played it the BEST he has ever played!
Woohoo!


This one started taking violin lessons last fall.
He could actually play it better than his sister but he
just didn't LOVE it and so we switched him to piano around February.

Tonight he played a one handed duet of "Variations on Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to the rhythm of "pepperoni pizza" (it's part of the Suzuki method) with his piano teacher and he PLAYED EVERY NOTE !!

I just have to tell you that this is nothing short of a small miracle.

I mean, he played the best he ever has!
And he when he was done he bowed 3 times and then he
almost sat down but went back to the piano and bowed 3 more times.

I think he really liked the applause!
It was really fun to see how much he was enjoying the performance.

Then this turkey actually opted not to play when her turn came.

She politely declined.

It was totally a power play.

When the last person was playing she went and told her teacher that she was ready to play now. And so she did.

And she really did the BEST PERFORMANCE she has EVER done!

She played the first section of the song "Variations on Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and actually played all the notes. She didn't even break out into playing her version of a little hoedown (which was my true concern) or start dancing during the middle of the song (which was another valid concern).



So I feel like I can finally relax.
All the end of the year presentations and recitals and awards ceremonies are over.

We have "officially" finished with school for the year and we ended on a good note!

Woohoo!

And you, my Internet friends, are the first to know.

4 comments:

  1. christopher enjoyed seeing pictures of Hudson. I sent you an e-mail about your "cake." The brownie mix calls for an 8X8 pan. Is that enough for a two layer cake or do i need to use two mixes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos - and the kids.
    Wish I could have been there. Great job everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! Know you must be SO proud of them!
    Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They looked so sweet! I'm glad you told us about it and shared the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!