Friday, March 21, 2008

Friends

I read this last night and thought it was really good.


Danger: Traveling Alone

God created us to all be part of His body.
We function together.
Fellowship is a precious gift the Lord gives His children.
To neglect fellowship or refuse to draw near
those who can make our journey all that it should
be is to make ourselves vulnerable to compromise.
Anytime we withdraw from wise friends who will
hold us accountable, we seek our own desires.
We become resistant to "all sound wisdom" (Prov. 18:1)
- and that is a precarious place to be. If we
are committed to travel toward the heart of God , then
we need to move toward the wise
friend, of any age, who can help us stay on the journey.

by Cynthia Heald, A Woman's journey to the Heart of God

It just reminded me again of the importance of surrounding myself with women who desire God's will for their lives and who push me to be a better wife, mom and most importantly, child of the King.

When I allow myself to be vulnerable and completely honest with a friend who I know has my best interests at heart, it helps keep me accountable and focused on living my life for Christ.

Times when my heart is not right with God, I really do want to seclude myself from everyone else. I don't want others to know what a sinner I really am. I don't want people to see my failures or know that I fail God time and time again.

And that is when I really need a wise and faithful friend around who loves me unconditionally and has the freedom to encourage me, admonish me or even give me a swift kick to turn me back from the dark side of the force. :)

Thank you to all my wise and faithful friends!

3 comments:

  1. Christian friends help keep you in that Christian frame of mind we all need to have. If they are going about doing good and being kind, then it's easy to walk as they do in Christ's footsteps.

    The old saying that you are the company you keep is sooooo true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post!
    Thanks for that. So true that I want to hide when I'm discouraged and I need the very opposite.
    Love to you, Dear Friend.
    I'm so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!