Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is Risen!

I think it is so easy for me to get caught up in the celebration of Easter and not soak in the meaning. I am such a Martha that I focus on things... like the menu, the traditions, the new outfits.... and if I don't stop for a moment, I will completely pass over the entire meaning of the holiday.

This week, I truly made the effort with my kids to focus on the reason for Easter. We read all the books in the house about Easter. We made Popsicle stick crosses and stuck them in clay. We made an Easter tree and cut out and drew all the different things that reminded us about Jesus and his Crucifixion and then hung them on our tree.

And in the midst of all this, my heart has been so full of love for a Savior who loved ME so much that He died on the cross for my sins. He was beaten, stripped, mocked, spit upon, struck in the head again and again and then forced to carry His own cross to be crucified on. There was no dignity in His death.

My heart is overwhelmed. This is a story we hear every year and I think it would be easy to become numb to it. I never want to forget what Jesus has done for me. The sacrifice He made. And now that I have children I am so much more thankful for the sacrifice God made. He sent His ONLY son to die on a cross for our sins so that we could have eternal life.

God loves us so much that he would do that for us. Even though we are human. Even though we fail Him time and time again. He still loves us and wants to spend eternity with us. That is why Jesus died.

For us.

I am so grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy neighbor! I didn't know all that was going on over there. Happy Easter dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! Thanks for the reminder - His love is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!