Monday, March 10, 2008

If you gotta go.... go with a digital

My parents recently gave us a monetary gift with the instructions to
buy something the whole family would enjoy...... versus what we probably would have bought which would have been a deposit slip to our savings account.
I'm not kidding.

We thought about it and we have always wanted a piano.
I used to play when I was younger and living in a house that possessed a piano.
We have wanted to get one in the last decade of our marriage,
but we just didn't have room, and then we were moving and
then we just didn't want to spend the extra money.

So a piano it was.
But we had some quandaries. We may be potentially moving. So we didn't want to get something that we would have to pay extra to move and then have to tune again once we get there.
We also wanted something that was easily portable.

That is when I found out about digital pianos.

They have the same number of keys as a regular piano, the keys are weighted so that it feels like a regular piano and it even sound just like a regular piano.

I went to a local music store to try one out and as my fingers started playing the first thing I remembered (which was the Battle Hymn of the Republic) I'm just sure a light from heaven shone down and I heard angels singing.....
and I knew right then ....must.... have.... digital... piano.

So now we are the proud owners of a digital piano and WE LOVE IT!!!!
The best thing of all is that you can plug in headphones.
HEADPHONES!!!!
My kids have been playing it non-stop since we bought it and I haven't
heard a thing! We can move it easily and it sounds and plays wonderful!

I would still love to have a nice, beautiful piano one day.
But for now, I am LOVIN my digital!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!
    Wishing my beautiful piano that my grandmother left me was QUIET like yours. HA! Nothing like three kids praticing piano every day.
    Enjoy those headphones!
    Sometime we'll have to get together and sing and play hymns. Alto, of course.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a piano with headphones, I'm in! Glad you got something you would enjoy and and is easy to move too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!