Monday, March 24, 2008

Knock Knock

So, today my 3 year old has decided that our Easter tree is not complete. While I was teaching her brothers she decided to create her own additions. Finally she brought me her finished product. It was a brown paper circle with a hole punched in it and a string through it ready to hang on the Easter tree.

I asked her what it was.

She said "It's the door to the tomb and I say -- Knock, Knock -- Who's there?-- Jesus.-- Jesus who? -- Jesus who wants to come in your heart."


It was really quite sweet and creative and I thought it was pretty funny.
I'm wondering if that is the first time Jesus has been included in a knock knock joke. At least she seems to kind of get the whole point.

Kind of.

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears my voice an opens the door,
I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."
Revelation 3:20

2 comments:

  1. Love it!
    I think she definitely gets it!
    Have a great day, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet - now aren't you glad you wrote that down?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!