Monday, March 17, 2008

They're Not White

So, we really don't have a lot of hard candy we keep around the house. But the other day, my 6 y/o brought home a small package of runts he won at Sunday School for saying his Bible verse from memory.

He agreed to share them with his sibs so we divided them all up and they ended up with about 4.5 runts each.

A little while later my thoughtful 5 y/o comes up to me and says...

"Mommy, since you are so special to me, I want you to have the heart shaped one."

He put it in my palm and I was touched that only having about 5 runts himself, he would give one to me.

Then I looked at it.



It was white.



If you know anything about runts at all, you know they don't come in white. He had obviously already sucked the pink coating off of it.


I expressed my gratitude to him and then gently explained that when one gives a gift of food to another, that one tries very hard not to touch it with one's hands and that one certainly doesn't suck the color off of it before one gives it as a gift. Then I concluded by thanking him and telling him that he was very thoughtful and sweet to be so generous.

I think he understood.

I think.

4 comments:

  1. All I have for that one is GROSS! Aren't kids so much fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest thing I've heard all weekend. Thanks for the great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny!
    They are such little GIVERS aren't they?
    Miss talking - it's chaos here. Hope you are all doing well. We are having FUN but I'm already worn out and we have the rest of the week left. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck! I guess the question is, did you still eat them? If I really liked Runts I might have. I would have probably done that with chocolate. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!