Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It's sad, but there are weeks that I just don't want to do a Thankful Thursday. I have so much to be thankful for but I am tired and I just want to stomp my feet and say, "But, I'm just not thankful this week" which is when I know it is all the more imperative that I do it. So here goes.

1) I'm thankful for realtors who call me at 5:30, (right during the middle of dinner, when my husband is out of town, and when I've been doing science projects, and having music practice, and haven't started the evening clean up yet) and announce that they are sitting outside with a client and they would like to come in and see the house.


Okay, so I'm not really grateful for that. See, this is why I need to be doing this!


So I guess that I am grateful for the realtors who actually give me a day's notice that they are coming to show the house and I spend the entire day cleaning and drinking all the diet coke in the house for the extra energy I need to have everything "Southern Living Clean" by the deadline, and then I load the kids up (along with a carload of stuff that I didn't have the time or patience to return to it's rightful spot) and then sit down the street in the car for 2 hours past the time they said they would be there and then I end up going through the drive thru at McDonald's with no make-up and greasy hair because by the time I got to the point where I thought I could take a shower, I didn't want the bathroom to be all steamy when the buyers came through, only to return home to find a message that says they already found a house they are interested in and won't be stopping by.


This is so not working out for me today.

Let's just go with things that I am thankful for that have made me smile this week......

1) Yellow Daffodils around my mailbox
2) Purple Pansies on my porch
3) Bright Red Cardinals at my birdfeeder
4) Daylilly leaves poking up through the ground in my backyard
5) Laughing Children playing together
6) Helpful Children sweeping up the floor
7)Sleeping Children quiet and still
8) Croaking Frogs in the valley behind my house
9) Thoughtful husband who calls to let me know he misses me

That's it. I'm tapped out. I would love to hear what you are thankful for. Calgon take me away.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for friend who "keep it real" and remind me that I'm not the only one who feels like throwing a fit now and then.
    I'm praying for you!
    Love ya!
    Daffodils - I'm grateful for them, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also thankful for your Daffodils around your mailbox, I enjoy looking at them. I also enjoy the croaking frogs, it lets me know spring is here!

    Sorry about the realtors. I know that can be a pain.

    I tagged you for a meme, if you have nothing else to write about it.

    See you soon,
    GM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I remember trying to sell our house in Oklahoma. It took a year and we were homeschooling too. I just about lost my mind!

    But I am loving the flowers and even the spring storms! And sunshine. Did I mention I LOVE the sunshine???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!