Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. I am so thankful for my parents. They have just spent a week with us and have been such a tremendous help!

2. I am thankful for some good ole quality time with my husband this week while he is on vacation.

3. I am thankful for all the rain we are getting.

4. I am thankful we have missed the flu so far (I'm knocking on my desk as I type this... just in case).

5. I am thankful for my ice maker. Ours was not working for the last month or so and even though I am perfectly happy to make my own ice in the trays..... it's just so convenient to have a working ice maker. Thanks for fixing it, dad.

6. I am thankful for laughing gas. Yes, that's right. One of mine kiddos had to have some dental work done. Long story, something about how the enamel on his 6 year molars formed when he was born... anyways SOOOOOOO thankful for that wonderful stuff that made him forget all his worries.

7. Mulch and Paint. It's amazing how nice one's house can look with just a little mulch (okay, so it was like 20 bags, which by the way, you can buy from Home Depot at 1/2 price if you don't mind getting the broken bags..... take your masking tape) and some new paint, and a dad that has a little extra time to help you freshen things up for Spring!

8. Faux orchids. I ADORE orchids. I personally must take credit for the demise of at least 3 orchid plants in the last several years. I love them but with 3 small kids, I just can't seem to give them the love and devotion they deserve. Last week, I was at a place that sold orchids and couldn't figure out why some were priced differently. It turns out they were FAKES! AND they were so good that I couldn't even tell (until closer inspection)! I have saved up my allowance and bought myself a faux orchid for my bathroom and I ADORE it!

Have a Thankful Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! You're back! All's right with the world, now. HA!
    Love your list!
    Wish I could see the "spruced up" house. Ahhhhh.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!