Friday, April 4, 2008

Fabulous Finds Friday

Okay, so I'm participating in Mrs. Troop's Fabulous Finds Friday. I'm a little late in the game because it's has been busy around here lately and I completely forgot we were doing this.

Anyways, my fabulous find is The Children's Illustrated Bible retold by Selina Hastings. You can find it at http://www.cbd.com/ or sometimes on e-bay. I got mine there for a fairly decent price. :) I like doing that. Getting things for a fairly decent price. It's fun. And frugal. And we are ALL ABOUT frugality around here!

I love this Bible for kids because each page layout contains one "story" from the Bible. There are also color photographs of the actual plants, animals, people, and places that are mentioned in the text.

For example, in the story of Esau and Jacob, there is a picture of an Ibex in the margin and it explains how this is a type of wild goat. It then explains that this is what Esau would have hunted and that they are still found in rocky areas of the Middle East today. When it talks about the Red Sea or the Sea of Galilee there are maps and pictures of the actual bodies of waters. It really helps bring the stories alive. My kids love it. And I do too.

Well, that is my fabulous find so go on over to Mrs. Troop and see what other fabulous finds are out there!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the post! You were sweet to take the time - I know it's been busy with company there. :-)
    We have a Bible like that (I'll check the publisher). The one we are loving right now is the "Jesus Storybook Bible" published by Zonderkidz. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great children's Bible! We also have the Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name...We LOVE it...each story points directly to Christ...kind of in a mystery type paragraph at the the end of each story...it leaves the kids hanging, and dying to read the next story the next night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll check that out. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Trina. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm glad to know your blog so that I can keep up with your family and it looks like you have a lot of helpful info. I don't scrapbook, so my blog is an attempt to keep memories. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!