Friday, April 11, 2008

Fabulous Friday Favorites

Mrs. Troop is again hosting her Fabulous Friday Favorites. So today I am going to give you the best gift ever.

The 3 books that I recommend most for a sucessful marriage and to be the best helpmeet you can be to your man.

I own all 3 of these books and have read them many times. I have even bought copies and given them to others.

That is how life changing these books are.
So here we go.

My first favorite is Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl. I have a love/hate relationship with this book. I hate it because it is so challenging and it kind of gives me a swift kick whenever I need an attitude adjustment. I love it because it has been the one thing that has most positively impacted how I see my role as my husband's helpmeet.


My marriage is so much more wonderful because I have applied this book to my life.


My second favorite would have to be The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. It has around 30 different prayers with correlating scripture to pray for your husband. It really helped me develop a deeper relationship with my husband as I prayed for him. There have been many times that I have taken a month and prayed a prayer each day over him. Sometimes I know he is facing a particular battle and I will find that particular prayer and pray it over him for the whole week. I know that when I pray specific things for my husband that it really does make a difference for him. I would highly recommend this book!



My third favorite would be the book For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn. She did a national survey and personal interviews with over one thousand men to understand their view on things. It was very eye opening for me and really helped me understand my husband that much more. It also helped me understand how to support and love him in the way he needs to be loved. This is a biblically grounded book and is another one I would highly recommend.

So I can't recommend these books without giving you a good idea where to find them. If you just want to read them first, I would recommend checking with your local library. If you live in Georgia you can check with your friendly Daisy Girl Library. :)



Here are my other favorite sites to buy books from:


Well, that's all I've got. Hope ya'll have a great Friday and go on over to Mrs. Troop and see what other Fabulous Friday Favorites are being recommended!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent books! Thanks for sharing. I can chime in on the fact that they are life changing. And I was just thinking the other day that it's about time to read them, again. . .
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read all three too. Must say the first two are some of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My church is going to do a bible study on the book For Women Only

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!