Wednesday, April 9, 2008

He Reminds Me In The Little Things

So, there are really just days that I wonder if God has forgotten about little ole me here in Georgia. I'm concerned that He might have forgotten that my husband is working in Texas and that we only see him on weekends. And that this has been going on for 5 months. That He forgot that we really need someone to buy our house so we can move to Texas or we need a job available here in Georgia so he can come back home.

And then He reminds me in the little things that He still cares.

We had some new neighbors move in last week and as I typically do... I made them a cake. A wonderfully delicious Chocolate Mocha Cake.

Because a cake just isn't worth making if it's not wonderfully delicious.

And chocolate.

So as I went to add the pecans to the scrumptious cake, I hesitated. I don't know why. Every time I have made this cake, I have added pecans. But this time I didn't.

So I delivered the cake and chatted with my new neighbor. In the course of the conversation she casually mentioned that her whole family had nut allergies.

Nut allergies.

God knew they had nut allergies. He knew the cake would not have been eaten by them had I made it as usual.

And He cared.

And it was just encouraging. Because if He cares enough to make sure that my cake for the new neighbors was just perfect, then I know He continues to care for me and my family. He has not forgotten us. And I know that His plans are bigger than my plans or my vision.

And so I am reminded by Him in the little things that He is in control of all things.

7 comments:

  1. I think it is neat how God talked you. It so hard to wait for God's timing. we are still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so neat. I love little reminders like that. I might need that cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is hard to be away from your loved ones! I will be praying that your house will sell soon and you can be back together as a family soon!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat story! And if you feel the need to remake that cake with nuts, no one in my family is allergic :o) But, that does remind me that I need to get over and see them since they've moved in. I guess I'll have to bake something and bring it over. You know baking is not my thing! But, I'll try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's precious! I am always humbled to think that our amazing, awesome God CARES about the little things. Wow.
    Thanks for that, today!
    Love ya~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I have that recipe for the cake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isaiah 30:21, God has not forgotten.


    Benito

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!