Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Well, we are home from our whirlwind trip to Texas and Oklahoma. Yesterday was a VERY long day driving home but we all slept in our own beds last night. I think the theme of our trip was "Life is a Highway". I'm not for sure if it was just because the kids watched the "Cars" movie several days in a row, because the kids would sing this song each time we got in the car (okay so maybe I was singing it too), or just because it seemed like we really were on the highway... all the time... but anyways... here is the video for your listening pleasure.....





So here is my list for Thankful Thursday.

1) I'm thankful we are home! We had fun on the road but it is nice to be back home.

2)I'm thankful I'm not the kind of person who after many hours in the car, and finally finding a rest stop that incidentally only had one bathroom to be shared by all, and finding oneself standing in line with one's children, I am thankful I'm not the kind of person who would play rock, paper, scissors with one's children to see if one could use the bathroom before them. Okay, so maybe I did or did not, but I didn't win anyways....

3)I'm thankful that my washer and dryer are actually in my house and that I don't have to go to a different building and find 4 quarters everytime I need to do a load. That is something I really take for granted.

4) I'm thankful that it is officially garage sale season! That is where I get most of the play clothes for the kids. (and toys and shoes and occasionally something decorative for the house...)

5) I'm thankful we had a safe trip home and that the kids did well and we were all healthy the entire trip.

6)I'm thankful that the kids are not picking out our next house. My daughter's favorite house was the one that had a horse in the field next door. That was her only requirement. I think she thought he and the field he was in came with the house. It did not. My son's favorite house was that house with a Texas shaped concrete stone in the front walkway. That was the only thing he based his decision on. It was rather amusing.

Okay, that's all I've got for now.

Have a Thankful Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Whew Hoo! I am thankful it's garage sell season too!! Glad your trip was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!
    Great list. I'm happy you are home,too! Except so much further away. :-(
    Garage sale season, well, I'm getting my stuff ready as we speak! And BOY do I have a lot! Can't wait to clean it all out.
    Love ya~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!